Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - The First Week

Jon had his first preparation day (P-Day). He is loving his time in the MTC. He says they spend a lot of time praying and reading the scriptures which he has grown to love. The Elders in his district are all going to the Nashville, Tennessee mission. They are Elder Nelson, Elder Capener, Elder Doggins, Elder Lindstrom, Elder Wadsworth, Elder Austin, Elder Parlogean, Elder Wagner, Elder Mick, Elder Clark and Elder Prettyman. He is still getting along with his companion, Elder Doggins, and he seems to be the perfect compliment to Jon: "tall, dark, and quiet."

Jon says life in the MTC is going well. He was glad that he had the opportunity to read, study, and memorize scriptures from the "Preach My Gospel" manuel before he entered the MTC. He says you can really tell a difference in those missionaries who had prepared in advance. They can spend more time working on their testimonies.

Jon had a great faith promoting experience this week. In his own words Jon says, "two days ago at gym we went outside to play kick ball (we hope he means soccer). One of the Elder's in my district lost his room key. We stopped the game and frantically looked for the elusive key. But we could not find it anywhere. I knelt down in the field and said a quick silent prayer that the Lord would help us find his key. And when I said AMEN I looked down right at the bottom of my knees and I had knelt right over the key. I know that may sound stupid, but it was a big faith promoter."

Jon asks that we remember the missionaries in our prayers. He says the work is true and he loves being a missionary. Keep up the good work Jon!

No comments: