Sunday, August 23, 2009

13 April Easter Time

Dear All,

This was my first Easter in the mission, and to be quite honest, It didn't really feel like easter to me. Because the message of the Atonement, of Christ, and that we will live again is a message that I share daily. I love this opportunity I have to serve.

Well this week, Elder Jolley left. It made me really sad. As soon as I was getting comfortable, things had to be changed ;). I loved serving with Elder jolley and would love to do it again. I'm now serving with Elder Allen. He is from Alpine Ut, and brings many new, unique qualities to our companionship. Now I've been out about 8 months now and I've had 6 different companions. It makes me think that maybe I'm just really hard to get along with, but I love the opportunity I have to get to know and work with so many missionaries. I love it.

This last week was crazy, and left me tired and with a cold. We had our last Easter Fireside last night. It was a joy to perform and to share my testimony that I do know that my Redeemer lives. I haven't gotten to bed on time in almost a week and it has taken it's toll on my body. But I hope that with this new week I will have a renewed energy to do the work. They taped the fireside last night, and I'm excited to listen to how it sounds. They had a crew and mics and mix boards and everything. I'm so excited.

Well with all the crazyness the only person I was able to share the Easter Devotional with was my companion. We did it during comp study one morning. I'm so grateful for Christ, for His atonement, and for the chance to live with our Father in Heaven. "God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son". And I feel "it is wonderful that He should care for Me enough to die for Me. The Atonement is very personal, and I love it.

We should be having a baptism this weekend and next. Pray for them. Sam and Jeremy. I'm so excited. So excited. So EXCITED.

Funny story. A missionary from serving here from Spain was talking to me yesterday and he asked me a funny question. He said " of all the holiday traditions I just don't understand."

And I said " Understand what?"

And He said " What's with the Eggs?" It reminded me of the Jim Gaffigan skit on holidays. "I know. The day Jesus came back from the Dead"...."How 'bout eggs?!?"

I love you all and hope you had a good Easter.

With Love,
Elder Jonathan Hansen

No comments: