Dear Family,
I have so much to tell you and not too much time. So I'll begin where I left off last wednesday, which wasn't that long ago.
Wednesday- Elder Jolley and I went over to Jeremy and Jennifer's and taught about Repentance and Baptism. And the Lesson Really hit home with Jeremy and we set a date with him for the 25th of April. Which was so wonderful and exciting. I have been able to see him come from no faith that God is there to knowing that He is in his life and has a Church on the Earth.
Thursday- Tornado watch. We had district meeting, the last of the transfer, and had a blast afterwards. Then on the bus ride back, a lady told me she was searching for the church that Christ Himself set up, and I got so excited that I taught her all about the Restoration. And she looked me right in the face and told me that that couldn't possibly have happened, Got off the bus, and walked into the liquor store. It made me so sad to see her look past the mark and miss what she is looking for. Then on the bus I get a call from the Zone Leaders to go in and to call all my district and tell them to go in. Well I guess a tornado was happening, but Elder Jolley and I didn't really care. I made sure my district was safe. Checked the weather reports for Antioch, and then went out to finish our work for the day. We went over and set a date (April 19th) with a young kid named Sam. He's 10 and his mom is a member. And it was then that it hit me. I served in Primary so I could have the skills and patience to teach all of these young kids, that so many missionaries before couldn't bring to baptism. I love the Lord.
Friday- not much happened. I sang at a fireside that had more missionaries than investigators or members. So that was fun.
Saturday- We got news of Transfers. Elder Jolley will be leaving me in this area that I've spent more time out than in. But I guess that will be ok. My new companion tomorrow will be Elder Allen. And my district is changing and being cut by two. So that will be fun too. We watched conference and made preparations for the Baptism that would be happening the next day. But then we got a call from Jeremy that he was moving. He and Jennifer broke up. And we were so sad. But he told us he still wants to come to church and wants us to come and teach him. But Elder Jolley and I know that Satan is working hard on him. But Confrence was so good. And I loved priesthood session.
Sunday- We went to conference and set up for the Baptism. We Baptized Lavric... Well Bishop did, and everything went well, even amidst another tornado warning. But all went well and Lavric is the newest member of the Smith Springs ward.
I love the work. Am Choosing Faith and not Fear for the next Transfer, and am trying to Achieve Greatness mom;)
I love you all very much.
--Elder Hansen
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment