Friday, April 10, 2009

17 MARCH 2009 SONGS OF THE SAVIOR

Dear Family,

How is everything going? I hope all is well. I hope Aimee is doing well and wish her the best of luck with the newest member of the Hansen family almost here.
This week in Antioch was quite the event. Like I said last week Monday was Zone Confrence which turned out great. We have a lot of work to do in the mission and it is very exciting to be a part of all the miracles here, but it also gets stressful trying to balance all of these new responsibilities. But I am having fun all the same.
Well this week was full of trials and blessings. Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon I was on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I love Elder Rassussen and Elder Yadernuk. They are great leaders and really strive to make the miracles happen in this Zone. The Nashville Zone used to be the Power House of the mission, but has been slacking for the last six months and is getting a lot of pressure to produce. But I have faith that it will all work out, that we are just re-building for great things to come to pass. I had fun playing Zone Leader for a day, but would never want or wish that responsibility on anyone. They seem to do it with such ease, but I guess it comes with practice.
On Wednesday I had the opportunity to help a missionary. Elder Pearson (Trained by my former companion Elder Pearson) had his mother pass away last week and was preparing to fly home for the funeral and needed to be close to Nashville and the mission Home. So the zone leaders called Elder Jolley and I to help out, one, because I knew Elder Pearson from my last district, and because they felt that Elder Jolley and I could comfort him in his time of need. So we had a fun night full of laughs and visiting some investigators and Less-Actives. It was a good night and I hope that I helped him, even a little. But I do know he has a firm testimony of the Plan of Salvation, and he loves his Savior.
Thursday was a mess and none of our plans worked out. We got a call that one of our investigators was moving so we got a team together to go and help with the efforts, in the SNOW! TN weather is really crazy. Well we then received a call that one of Elder Jolley's recent converts needed a ride to the doctor's office. And on the way there we got a call that a person needed a blessing at the same hospital, which was cool. It was an eventful Thursday, just not what we expected.
But the Highlight of my week happened on Sunday. I think I've talked about it before, but we had two performances of the "Songs of the Savior" program last night and they were so spiritual. There were about 20 investigators there in total with about 56 people in attendance. After the performance many investigators came to us with tears thanking us, and I know they felt just a taste of the Joy that is in for them, when they become members of the church. President said that this was what he was envisioning for the message of the Restoration to be taught to groups and thanked us for our efforts. I love being able to bear my witness of the reality of the Savior through music. We have another Fireside tonight at the mission Home. The only problem with these firesides is that I'm out of my area so much. But I guess that is ok. I'll do what I'm asked, and do my best!
I'm loving the work, I'm loving the people, learning to love the weather, and loving to serve My Savior, Jesus Christ.
I love you all!!! God Bless,

Elder Jonathan David Hansen I

No comments: