Dear Mom and Family,
I bet you're wondering why I'm writing you today. Well my companion has been deathly ill and I have been stuck in the apartment to take care of him. Just kidding... APRIL FOOLS. Oh this will never get old.
We took our Preperation Day on Wednesday this week to finish out the month of March. March was a month of Miracles and also a month of extreme adversity. Oh and I didn't get my package..... Just kidding, I did. April Fools!!!!;)
This last month has almost killed me ;). President Hutchings called March the March Maddness Missionary Miracle Month. And it sure was crazy. As a mission we were striving for 100 Baptisms in the mission, a feat that had never before been accomplished. In fact the last high for the mission was around 60. But with this miracle month we skyrocketed past that and ended around 85 baptisms. It was truly a miracle. But it didn't come with out its troubles.
I have never, and now in High School I had to juggle a ton of things, but I have never had so much on my plate and been so busy. I had a troubled Companion, a struggling district, the new missionary musical firesides, the Easter musical firesides, tons of investigators and a new area that I knew not to much about. So as you can imagine I was sure spread thin and didn't have time to do much of anything let alone breath. But all turned out, and all is well.
Things are getting better with Elder Jolley, the musical Firesides (both Easter and Songs of the Savior) are at a point where I can not worry about them, and my district is doing much better. March really was a month of miracles. My District didn't have any baptisms in March. But we are all set to carry the Zone through April. We already have 2 future dates and about 8 more to set. I'm really excited for this month. I just hope things will continue to get better. But T]transfers are next Tuesday and I'm nervous for what changes are coming. We are losing 3 assistants and a few Zone leaders, meaning there will be a big turn over in Leadership in the mission. It will be exciting.
The first Easter Fireside happened and it went really well. I sing a solo in this one, the song I sang at Aunt Max's funerall, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." It went really Really REALLY well. I love to share my testimony through MUSIC. OH I LOVE IT!!!!!
I'm working on a lot this week. I have so much to catch up on, and unfortunately, sleep will not be one of them but I only have two years to do this, and who needs sleep anyway.
I love you and thank you so much for the package. The pictures and the devotional will be perfect. But I had a few more missionaries added to my district, so now I'm a district of 11 so I don't have enough pictures for my district right now, but maybe I will in a few days at transfers.
And wish Laura a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me. I sent her a letter. Let me know if she gets it.
I hope all is well today. Have a great day, I love you!
Love Muchly.
Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment