Dear family,
So the weather in Tennessee is crazy. The beginning of this week was snowing freezing cold, down in the teens, but by the end of the week we have been hitting 70. So it's been hard to judge what the next day will be like. But it made for nice biking weather by the end of the week.
Yesterday we had zone conference and had some great trainings by the assistants to the president. I love Zone Confrence because it is just nice to see how others in the Zone are doing. I love that the work is moving forward and that there is so much good being done in this world that sometimes looks bleak and dim. But when we put our trust in God and are built upon the Rock, we shall not fall. I love that promise... mostly because it's true.
Elder Carpenter and I should have a baptism this Saturday. Vicki is married to a former member and really wants to be a member of the Church. It has been so fun to go over and teach them and see the changes that are taking place as they take that leap of faith and turn their lives over to the Lord, and the blessings that come from that. I love that they are realizing that the commandments are there to keep us happy. They may not look like much fun, but they will keep us happy.
We had the first rehearsal for the musical firesides. President Hutchings picked 6 missionaries (3 Elders and 3 sisters) to go and put on these Musical Firesides. The first one is about the Savior and the Plan of salvation. Through narration, picture slide shows, and MUSIC the story of the Savior is so powerfully presented that any elect soul will want to join the Church that Christ himself set up. It will be truly amazing and rewarding to be apart of this. Our first performance is on March 6th.
Things are still going well here in Hendersonville. I hope all is well back home.
MOM- Happy Birthday again!
I love you all,
Elder Hansen
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment