Dear family,
I'm pretty sure that Hendersonville's Groundhog saw his shadow because it is going to snow today and tomorrow. But the snow here is always less than an inch and everything shuts down.
I had a really good week this week. Elder Carpenter and I were able to teach a preacher, who is interested in learning more. We set a baptismal date for Valentines day, and I went on exchanges.
Now this week we weren't able to teach much because the weather was so bad. It snowed Tuesday and Wednesday, and was just super cold until Saturday, but the lessons we did have were really good.
On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Corrnado to speak Spanish in Springfield. It was fun to be able to testify in Spanish, and to understand most of what was said. But the highlight of the exchange was when I sang for a family in Spanish. I love how the Gospel reaches everyone.
But while I was gone Elder Carpenter and Elder Calkins (my district leader) set a date with Vicky, a non-member married to an ex-member trying to come back. It is so exciting to see people come closer to Jesus.
We had interviews this week and I was asked to sing in the next musical firesides coming up in March. So I'm practicing for those and am very excited to use my talents to reach people and to testify of Christ and his restored Gospel.
And lastly, I hate the Super Bowl. In all our work yesterday we weren't able to teach one lesson or get in one door because of that dang game ;) it was just funny to me to see people, even ward members, pick the super bowl over Jesus.
But things are still going good here in Hendersonville!
--I love you,
Elder Hansen
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment