Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HOW'S THAT FOR A MIRACLE - January 26, 2009

Dear Family,
Hendersonville is a good place to train. It is just small enough to find your way around easy. But has so many people that you never run out of people to meet. Elder Carpenter has been so easy to train. He is such a hard worker. Isn't afraid to teach, testify, or even knock a door. He just needs his skills refined which is really coming along nicely.
It was his first week on bikes and it reminded me of my first week on bikes. Sore butt, sore legs, but this time of year you get cold eyes too. ;) But we have had a really good week.
We are still doing a lot of finding, but mainly because we're not getting a lot of support from the ward leaders. As the economy becomes rocky out here, the time spent being missionary minded comes to a end. So we have been knocking a lot of doors. But that's ok because we've been finding those who are interested. We just need to start teaching them.
This last week we were asked to look for the miracles. So here it goes.
We started Teaching Ed and Vicky. Ed is a former member and Vicky is his wife. They are sweet and hope to be baptized by the end of next month. I'm so excited for them. What a miracle.
Now last night, Sunday night, Elder Carpenter and I had all our plans changed on us and we ended up with three hours of time we needed to fill. So we knelt and prayed and both felt that we should go and tract an area that I've only tracted once and only knocked two or three doors.
So we started on a street and knocked a lot of doors with no success. We got to the end of the street with one to go. And I knew we were on the street for a reason. Elder Carpenter knocked the door. And a man came to the door with his girls. He was very nice to us and then told us that a member was renting his room, I had no idea that this member was living there, and he wanted us to come back and share more with him about our church and about eternal families. I love when we are able to be directed by the Spirit to touch someone's life. And just to be placed where we're supposed to be. Not bad for a little miracle!
And I got the calendar Tim sent me. I love it and our family. We are the greatest miracle of all! Thank you for it!
I love the work here and it is going well. We have a few good investigators and hope to have a baptism in the middle of next month.
Pray for the missionaries, and for your own missionary experiences. And then act on them. Act in faith. Faith is a principle of Action and of Power. I know the blessings it will bring to you!
I love you all. And pray for you everyday.

Love,
Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Still in Hendersonville

No comments: