Dear Family,
Right now as I sit E-mailing the snow is coming down. Tennessee doesn't get a lot of snow, and so when it does everything shuts down. I think how funny it is to have less than an inch of snow on the ground and have everyone run to the store for bread and milk.
I also want to say Congrats to Mark and Aimee. I was so happy to hear you got your Number 1 pick. (Mark was accepted to Duke University OphthalmologyResidency) I am super excited for you!!!
Also, I hear the Draper Temple is having their open house. What a great missionary opportunity to share the gosple with those who don't know what the temple is or why they are important. I am happy to see that their is missionary work going on back home too!
Now for the Big news. Training a new missionary is so much FUN!!!! Elder Carpenter and I get along really well. He is from Sandy and went to Alta High School. He graduated in '08 so we know a lot of the same people. In fact he lived in Kylie Chapman's old ward.
I don't know what he thinks of me but I have had a blast serving with him. It is fun to help him get better as a missionary and to see him progress and grow. Now training is difficult because it is hard to balance teaching and finding. But I'm learning. This experience has helped me to grow so much I feel like I actually know how this work is supposed to run now. But now we need to find people to teach.
With Elder Pearson leaving, We exausted our teaching pool. So now Elder Carpenter and I have the great task of knocking doors and contacting in Wal-mart and running away from the Mounted Police (on horse back) as we try to share a little light with people. I have had such a good time learning that I do know how this work is to go and I do know how the Spirit works through me.
I am witness to Ether 12 "if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. " My weaknesses are becoming strengths as I drop my pride.
The work is going well. Just slow. We are rebuilding from the great transfer that Elder Pearson and I spent together.
I love the work! I really do. I know now more that I ever have before that this is truly the Church of Jesus Christ, that Thomas S. Monson is God's Prophet and mouth-piece, and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I hope you all know that and if things are hard... Borrow my testimoy for a while.
Love,Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment