Dear Family and Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I had so much fun talking to you on Christmas. It made me so happy to hear everyone was doing so well. I just wish you were all here so I could see you. But talking to you was better than an E-mail I guess.
This last week has been so great. We spent most of the week finalizing baptismal plans, which is a lot more exciting than finding new investigators. We were able to teach Gordon (9 years old) and Ricky (13 years old) the simple truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And even more exciting was to see the progress in both their families. I just hope they can get in far enough that they can't fall out.
On Christmas Eve we were able to have a baptismal interview for both investigators and make all the final preperations to have them baptized. It was so exciting to see both Gordy and Ricky more excited to join the Chruch than to open presents on Christmas. It is amazing to think that this Christmas they get a special gift from their Father in Heaven, the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
My Christmas was so busy... but well worth it. We went to the Bishop's house for breakfast and played games. The Bishop took us to the Baptism where Brother Gladden (Gordon Scott's Home Teacher), was able to baptize Gordon. The service was so good and the Spirit was so strong. I know that it changed the hearts of both of Gordon's parents. It made the best Christmas I've had yet.
We then prepared for Ricky's baptism. I played the piano, ya I know weird, so I was more concerned about that. But it was good to see his family there. To see his Grandparents so proud. It was such a good experience. I love working with less-active members because most the time all they need is a little nudge to come back.
This week has been better that I can really express. But I want you all to know that I know that this Church brings families together, and that it is Christ's true Church.
I love you all. Hope you have a great week. And play some games for me!!!
Elder Jonathan David Hansen I
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment