Monday, January 12, 2009

December 8, 2008 News

Dear Family and Friends:

This week started off really well since I was able to see Mark. Even though our time together was very short, it was very much worth not eating lunch. :) I just hope his ears didn't split from the rehearsal for the musical Fireside.
Living with Elder Pearson is very different from living with Elder Geohagan. But it looks like it will be fun. Elder Pearson is going home after this transfer so chances are that I will be in Hendersonville for another 6 weeks.
This week Elder Pearson and I have done a lot of finding, and have seen a few miracles. We set a goal to have 3 baptisms by the end of the month and 8 by the end of the transfer. And I'm excited to see the work we will do here.
We are hoping to set a few more baptismal dates today. I love seeing our work actually change people. And aid them in their progression in Heavenly Father's Plan. The thing with the south is everyone thinks they know God, and they may know a lot about Him. But only we know his true nature as our Loving Father, and our relationship to Him. I love the Truths of the Restored Gospel, because everyone believes them, but only we teach them.
I love the work here and I have faith that we will see much success for Elder Pearson's last transfer.
I hope all is well at home. I love reading all of your letters in my advent calendar. And I love to hear all about your families.

Love, Elder Jonathan David Hanse I

No comments: