Monday, January 12, 2009

THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND January 12, 2009

Dear Friends and Family:

This week has brought about a lot of changes. I'm sad to see Elder Pearson leave, but I'm excited for the new adventure just around the corner. Elder Pearson gets home on Wednesday and is driving to Utah from California on Monday, and starts school on Tuesday. I hope he calls y'all. And if he doesn't I think he's a big dork!
Along with big changes in the Mission (2 new assistants) I have been given a new assignment. I have been called to be a trainer. Weird right. Me, a Trainer of a new missionary straight from the MTC. Just think about it my Greenie is on a plane right now to come here. I hope I will train well. I think that President has a lot of faith in me and has given me a big opportunity to stretch and grow. I've only been out for 4 1/2 months and I feel like this next transfer will be like the blind leading the blind. But I have faith that we will do a good job here. At the end of next transfer I will have spent a quarter of my mission in Hendersonville. That is really strange to me to think that I've been out for that long; time has gone by really fast.
Russell didn't get baptized this week but I hope that he is still willing to progress to that. We are still working hard and I've sure learned a lot from Elder Pearson this last six weeks. The Lord helped us make big changes in two families lives, and the changes will echo for all eternity.
I love the mission life. I love the work. And I hope to be able to inspire that same love and attitude in my new companion. Pray for me. I'll need it. And I'll need all the letters of inspiration I can get.
I love you all and thanks for all you do for me.

Elder Jonathan David Hansen I

No comments: