This place is a zoo!
Our District in Hendersonville
Sally's baptism in October 2008
Dear Family and Friends:
Today was the first snow of the season. Ok it's not real snow because it's not sticking to the side walk, and it's almost like rain. But nevertheless, there is white stuff falling from the sky.
This week was really good. It was a Bike week so we were able to talk to a lot of people. I love being on bikes because cars seem to isolate you from everyone else. The only bad thing is that a car is a lot warmer. But it was good because by the time it really got cold, we got the car. So it's all good.
On Friday, Mom sent me The University Singers Christmas CD, and I don't think it has ever been turned off. I love Christmas time. The lights are going up and people are just getting into the Christmas spirit. I love it!!!
Now for Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving was amazing. Southern women cook the most delicious food! I am a firm believer that bacon grease can make anything taste better. We ate two dinners on Thanksgiving, and even had time to play some football. As you can imagine. I had a really good Thanksgiving. Oh and so you all know... I'm thankful for you all and Family was #1 on my thankful turkey.
Now for some Sad/but happy/ but sad news. Elder Geohagan is being transfered. I guess they thought it was time to take off the "Trainer-wheels." But I think it will be really good for me to take this area over. I have been asked to serve as a senior companion to a missionary who only has one more transfer. But I think they just want to re-train me. Guess I didn't learn enough the first go. I'm sad to see my time with Elder Geohagan draw to an end, but I'm excited to soak up all that Elder Pearson has to teach me.
Now for the really exciting news. Cheryl came to Church yesterday. We have been teaching Cheryl for about a month now and she would never wake up to go to church. So last sunday we went over to see her after church. We really didn't have a lesson planned but we knew we wanted her to commit to come to church. I really don't like being harsh with people, and so I think my bold words came as a shock to her. But the spirit spoke to her and awoke something that inspired her to come to church. Now she just needs to come a few more times and then she will be baptized. I love to see people change for the better.
I love serving the Lord, and he blesses us every day.
Oh and even more exciting, we broke the mission records for Baptisms for the month of November we had 64 the former record was 56. Now we are planning for 100 baptisms for December. Make sure you pray for the missionaries.
Elder Jonathan David Hansen I
Today was the first snow of the season. Ok it's not real snow because it's not sticking to the side walk, and it's almost like rain. But nevertheless, there is white stuff falling from the sky.
This week was really good. It was a Bike week so we were able to talk to a lot of people. I love being on bikes because cars seem to isolate you from everyone else. The only bad thing is that a car is a lot warmer. But it was good because by the time it really got cold, we got the car. So it's all good.
On Friday, Mom sent me The University Singers Christmas CD, and I don't think it has ever been turned off. I love Christmas time. The lights are going up and people are just getting into the Christmas spirit. I love it!!!
Now for Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving was amazing. Southern women cook the most delicious food! I am a firm believer that bacon grease can make anything taste better. We ate two dinners on Thanksgiving, and even had time to play some football. As you can imagine. I had a really good Thanksgiving. Oh and so you all know... I'm thankful for you all and Family was #1 on my thankful turkey.
Now for some Sad/but happy/ but sad news. Elder Geohagan is being transfered. I guess they thought it was time to take off the "Trainer-wheels." But I think it will be really good for me to take this area over. I have been asked to serve as a senior companion to a missionary who only has one more transfer. But I think they just want to re-train me. Guess I didn't learn enough the first go. I'm sad to see my time with Elder Geohagan draw to an end, but I'm excited to soak up all that Elder Pearson has to teach me.
Now for the really exciting news. Cheryl came to Church yesterday. We have been teaching Cheryl for about a month now and she would never wake up to go to church. So last sunday we went over to see her after church. We really didn't have a lesson planned but we knew we wanted her to commit to come to church. I really don't like being harsh with people, and so I think my bold words came as a shock to her. But the spirit spoke to her and awoke something that inspired her to come to church. Now she just needs to come a few more times and then she will be baptized. I love to see people change for the better.
I love serving the Lord, and he blesses us every day.
Oh and even more exciting, we broke the mission records for Baptisms for the month of November we had 64 the former record was 56. Now we are planning for 100 baptisms for December. Make sure you pray for the missionaries.
Elder Jonathan David Hansen I
No comments:
Post a Comment