Dear Family and Friends:
This week we had New Years Day as an all day preperation day. It was very boring. We were forced to spend time with the Zone. And we played board games. And the regular Risk, Sorry, and Monopoly just are not as exciting when you are used to Settlers, and Pandemic. So that was fun but not too exciting. We also were able to watch one aproved movie. I voted for Horton, or Kung Fu Panda, But no they picked "Wall-E". Afterward I felt like instead of saving souls I wanted to go save the trees or the earth. I don't think that Wall-E was Disney's best Pixar film. And it wasn't a big hit in the Zone either.
This week, Elder Pearson and I have been working hard. He has been working hard because these are his last few weeks in the mission (well he goes home a week from tomorrow, and a week from Monday he will be in Utah). And I have been working hard to keep him from getting Trunky. :) I've learned a lot from Elder Pearson. I've learned how to be a good leader, how to deal with people who don't agree with you, and also how to just be real with people. It has been a good companionship.
This week we set a baptismal date for next Sunday the 11th with Russell Hooper. He really is a good kid who 18 and in the National Guard. We tracted into his step-mom who asked us to come back, but she hasn't been too interested. But Russell has been progressing since we first met him. It is so inspiring and testimony building to see him come closer to Jesus Christ. I just pray that all will roll forth. Another Quick story. We went to knock a few doors before an appointment and we ran into a Baptist preacher. He came to the door and told us he respected us for our faith in Christ but had nothing to offer him. He was so proud and just started preaching to us about Christ and how we are wrong about religion. It was just interesting to see his views about the Church Christ set up. We asked him a few questions about life like, "Why did God Create us?" He got so frustrated trying to answer that one question he kicked us out of his house. It was so sad that he was so unwilling to accept the truth. And I also realized just how blessed we are to have the answers to the questions life brings us. Yesterday was Zone Confrence and President Hutchings told us that on Tuesday, transfers, 6 areas will be shutting down. So I'm excited to see all the changes in the mission. I love serving! I love it a lot! I know I tell you a lot but until I hear stories of my request being answered I will keep asking you to do your member missionary work. Bear your testimony to non-members. And find people for the missionaries to teach. It helps! I Love You All,
Elder Jonathan David Hansen I
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment