Monday, January 12, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS DECEMBER 15, 2008

Dear Family and Friends:

This week has been so eventful I don’t even know where do start. But I guess that the beginning will be the best place.We started out with three member present lessons on Monday, which never happens. And that night we set two more baptismal dates. We also started teaching this amazing family. They have been searching for the truth and now they’ve finally found it. It is so amazing to see people change because of this beautiful gospel.Tuesday was full of finding and we found. We found out that rain can really botch plans. But the Lord blesses you for the efforts you make. We had to change our clothes twice, and met many people who were very angry with us. But that night the Lord blessed us to find a child of record who has not been baptized. It was a miracle and we hope to baptize him soon. Then Wednesday was zone conference and we all were spiritually uplifted. Thursday was another rainy day. And rain turned into snow. So as you can imagine, it was not too fun on bikes. We ditched the bikes and went on foot. It was hard but we were blessed for our efforts out in the cold. The cold there is nothing like the cold here. Here even with a coat on I’m freezing. But we made it through without sickness. It has really been great. On Friday and Saturday we spent all day finding. Finding new investigators is always hard. That is why it is so important for the members to find for the Missionaries. It is always more pleasant for the investigator to have gospel truths introduced to them by a friend. But finding is a necessary evil when you have no one to teach. But we didn’t find a single person until… Our last appointments and that made all the difference. On Sunday I left to the first musical fireside of the season. We sang really well. And I was happy with my solos, but I’ve lost a lot since I haven’t been singing all the time. But the program was a success. And it was fun to share the gospel by doing what I love. Well the week started off with only 2 future baptismal dates, but we ended the week with 8 dates. That is truly a miracle. The Lord is blessing us for our finding efforts. I love the gospel. I know without a doubt that this church is the TRUE Church of Jesus Christ. I love the work and I’m following Paul’s advice by giving the Lord a “White Christmas.” I Love you all very much!

Elder Jonathan David Hansen I

No comments: