Monday, January 12, 2009

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS DECEMBER 22, 2008

Dear Family and Friends:

It is good to hear that you are all enjoying the Holidays together. I thought I would be sad that I was away from home for the Holidays...But I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. The work here is really going well. If anything I wish you all could be here to do missionary work with me!
So this Christmas I decided to take Paul's advise and give our Father in Heaven a “White Christmas.” It has been the most meaningful Christmas Present I have ever been able to give. I'm very sorry that I haven't been able to send each and everyone of you a package or even a personalized letter, But for Elder Pearson's last transfer we have been working so hard, but more smart. We hope to bring 8 people to baptism before he leaves on January 14th. And the first starts with a Baptism on Christmas Day. I am so excited for all those who have been touched by the spirit of Christmas and have wanted to come unto Christ. Now this is Quite a miracle seeing as Hendersonville has only ever had 3 baptisms a year. But we hope to start to change that. I hope the Lord likes his “White Christmas” (Without Snow).
I am so excited to talk to y'all on Thursday. Christmas is such a great time of Giving. And I want you all to know that I'm giving it my all here in TN. And the only thing I want for Christmas is for all of you to do your missionary work back home. Find people for the missionaries to teach. Your Neighbors, Your Friends, and even people you just meet everyday. There is no better gift than Jesus Christ and the Blessings of the Gospel. Remember this week that “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, That whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Merry Christmas!
Love, Elder Jonathan David Hansen

No comments: