Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A FOND FAREWELL TO HENDERSONVILLE - February 23, 2009

Dear Family,
This week has been the biggest Roller Coaster not only has the weather been up and down, but everything else too. I love it!
This week was up in the 70's and down in the teen's in a matter of a few days. It's been crazy.
But I guess the real story should start on Wednesday. We went to district meeting that day and were planning on going over to Ed and Vicki's for final baptismal preperations. We went over and Vicki was not feeling well and was not sure if Saturday was going to be the best. Well we tried to save that and pulled out baptismal whites to try on to try to get her excited. Which worked and after she picked out her jump-suit she was all sorts of excited for saturday.
Then on Thursday I spent all day rehearsing in Franklin TN for the musical firesides that will be put on in the mission. The first one will be March 6th. Pray that I'll be able to memorize everything.
Friday rolls around and vicki has her baptismal interview and is just on fire and so excited to be baptized. And we were estatic too! Well Friday was interviews also, and President told me that I most likely would be transfered but he didn't know where yet... well transfers were supposed to be done by Wedenesday, and we are usually told on Saturday. So I was just preparing myself to be transfered.
Then Saturday.... Well, this whole time we've been working with our ward mission leader to try and arrange the baptismal program and reserve the building and all. But just like always everything didn't go as planned. The other ward in our building had taken all the rooms, the room with the font included, and wouldn't let us move their things. Well we moved everything into the relief society room, and got yelled at because that is connected to the kitchen. Then we got moved to the Primary room. Well we hold the program in there, and stand around the font (not touching the other wards things) for the baptism. But all the fiasco didn't matter, because the spirit was so strong in the program and the meeting. I am so happy for the strides Vicki made to be baptized.
After the baptism, Vicki bore her testimony and boy I'll tell ya it made my soul smile!!! I was so happy for her. You know a missionaries true joy comes from seeing his converts active and happy in the church.
Well Sunday rolls around with still no call for transfers, so I just figure I'm staying for another 6 weeks. Then five min. before sacrament we get a call. President Hutchings called to let me know I will be transfered to the Smith Springs area (antioch TN) and will be a new District Leader. From one leadership possition to another. But I am excited for this new adventure.
I look back at my 6 months in Hendersonville with Peace and Love. I worked my very hardest and I've been blessed for it. I did the very best that I knew how. I really have been changed for the better, and I hope Hendersonville has been too. I'm excited for the adventure to come.
Well I need to go, so I can pack for tomorrow.
With Love,

Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Bringing the World His Truth...
One Soul at a Time

1 comment:

gavin richardson said...

blessings towards your new ministry in antioch area.

shalom
-gavin
hendersonville fumc