Dear Family,
Thanks all for the many birthday wishes, and oh what an eventful day it was. But, we'll talk about that at the end of the letter. Let me build a little and explain the week we've had.
Monday was quite eventful. We had our recent converts ask a whole bunch of questions about the church, and we're sure someone "anti-ed" them so we did some major damage control.
Tuesday was not so great... we had to get our tires fixed and we didn't have a lot of time to do the things we needed to get done and we realized just how little time we have in a week. And a storm rolled in and we have a tornado warning. So we were grounded for a few hours. Thurdsay we ran around like crazy and still didn't teach much. it was not a good look for the week. Then Friday was zone confrence. We had an amazing zone confrence. and Jason Deere, the composer and singer on the Joseph and Trek Nashville tribue CD's came and sang at the Confrence. He is writing a new CD just for missionaries and he wanted to bounce a few songs off us and be with us for inspiration. It was so amazing and he sang a song about mothers and their missionaries that was so moving. Thank you mom for all you do for me, and don't worry, your prayers are answered daily.
Then Saturday rolls around we had an exchange with the Assistants and we found 11 new investigators in 6 hours. It was amazing. We had a great time. Oh and we got transfer news and Elder Wright and I are staying together for another six weeks. He's only the second companion I've had for longer than six weeks. I guess President likes our work.
Now for my Birthday. Sunday August 9th. President Hutchings asked me about a week ago if I would go to nashville to sing in the Songs of the Savior Fireside on my bithday. And I thought of no better thing I would like to do on my birthday. Well, we get there and perform and after the performance I hear a comotion over by the door as our ride is being put in a car and taken to the hospital for an athesma attack. Our ride is two 21 year old girls preparing for missions who love to help the elders and they don't get back until 8:30. We leave for the 2 hr drive and on the way home the tire pops and I'm the only one who knows how to change it... in the dark.
The day was so busy that I didn't have time for breakfast or anything really at that point in the day. It was so crazy and quite eventful. But I'm glad I was there to help and those poor girls weren't by themselves to have to change the tire.
So Elder Wright and I are celebrating my day of birth today. I'll let you know how that goes.
I love y'all and hope all is well back home. It's good to hear of the fun time at Bear lake. I'm glad all is going well. Keep me up to date.
Life in the mission field is awesome. I took a huge chill pill the last couple weeks and had a good talk with President Hutchings. He really helped me see the importance of the Atonement in missionary work. I just hope and pray and try my hardest each day that I'm doing everything the Lord has asked me too. So things are good.
Love,
Elder Hansen
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment