Dear Family,
Things up in Kentucky are so much fun!!! The end of last month was a little discouraging, but this is a new month with new adventures.
Boy howdy, I love being a missionary, I think I've said that a couple-a-three times. The fun all started on Tuesday when Elder Wright came. Elder Wright has been out for only 6 months, he is from Riverton Utah, and we are both music geeks.
We have had so much fun. This Tuesday we had the great opportunity of going to the temple as mission leadership. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. I know that President Hutchings has been called of God to lead us here. And I also know that this mission is on the verge of greatness.
Independence day was our preparation day this week. On the morning of the 4th we went to breakfast at a Mason's Lodge and got to go into the lodge and look around. It was cool to see all the symbolism. We then went to the place where the Ohio river runs into the Mississippi, that was cool. But the best was this giant cross that's in our area. It was fun to just run around our area with fun members. Then we were asked to stay inside at night, plus it rained really hard here so it wasn't even fun, and no one had fireworks, but Elder Wright and I decorated our planners and had a party, so I guess that was fun.
I want to share a few special experiences that happened this week. I was feeling alone, as if God had left me to fend for myself. I was brought low. When it came to this all I could do was pray, but it felt that my prayers weren't getting any higher than the ceiling. It was frustrating. But a loving Father in Heaven, in His own time answered my prayers.
It is great working with Elder Wright. we both give, we both take. It has been so much fun to spend this week with him and we are getting a lot done. Elder Wright and I just seem to want to help each other. It is so good!!!! I love it!!! I love to serve. (turning point 1)
Also this week, the leadership in the mission had the opportunity to serve in the Temple together. 50 Elders and some senior couples helped the endownment along. We went fasting and praying for greatness in the mission. Our mission is on the verge of greatness and we can all feel it and so can Satan, so he is fighting us all tooth and nail. About 4 missionaries have gone home in the past two transfers. As we were in the temple revelation started to flow. It was so amazing!!! So amazing and the best meeting I've ever been to my whole mission. (Turning point 2)
Lastly, yesterday, God reached down in love to me again by having two non-members and their families come to Church; both asked to be baptized. It was so amazing. I had been fasting to feel of His love for me individually and to know my work so far has been acceptable to Him. I know now with assurity that He does and that my work so far is pleasing to Him. I am filled with so much gladness and rejoicing. I love to be a missionary and to see miracles. I guess I just need to be more patient in the enduring part ;
The church is true. The Book is Blue. And Jesus is a Mormon too!
Love Y'all. Happy Fourth
Elder Hansen
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment