Monday, October 26, 2009

16 June FIRST ZONE CONFERENCE AS ZL

Dear Family,

This week has been so crazy. But so much fun. Elder Jackson and I are doing so much and having fun doing it. First off, we bought this awesome, approved, christian CD that has been such a joy to listen to, instead of EFY over and over. If you have any good christian CD's or the new EFY CD, I'd love to have some more music. Having a full-time car makes listening to music fun.

Zone Confrence is really different as a Zone Leader. It was so crazy to prepare trainings, gifts and set up and take down. It was so many new things to worry about, so now I'm glad that Zone Confrence is only once a month. It will give me some time to rest.

So Wednesday we got ready for Zone Conference. On Thursday we had to get Sister Hutchings a birthday present. So we made her a picture collage of the zone and it was sweet. We had tons of fun making it too.

Zone conference was fun but we had to leave right after to Stake Correlation. It was fun to hear the stake presidendy's zeal towards missionary work and it gave me a vision of what Dad is doing.

Then Saturday was our Zone's day of positivity. President had each Zone take a day of Positivity, where nothing negative was allowed to be said. It was fun and we called out positive things to our zone all day. It was great.

And that day of positivity lead to tons of people at church in the zone, and for Elder Jackson and I, some new baptismal dates. So we are having so much fun and staying positive.
I hope all is going as well back home. I love and miss you all!!!

We have been asked to memorize about 45 scriptuers before the end of the month, so Elder Jackson and I are really trying hard to get that finished. I just hope that God will give me the strength and brain power to do all that I need to do. I love doing this and I'm learning so much.
I learned today that I have a lot of charity. I really care for people and their well being. It was something I really wanted to work on on my mission and I feel like it's finally coming. I love you back home. I love Laura (Jon's sister), I love my Zone, I love Elder Jackson, I love the people here in Ky, and those in TN. I love my mission.

This week I got a letter from Kristy again thanking me for setting her family on the right path. I love that family so much. I just hope Rob will turn around. I think I pushed him a little too hard and now that I'm not there he's back lashing at those missionaries. But the success I started in Smith Springs is still going. They had a few more baptisms of some of my investigators. They really wanted me to come back for the baptism, but I couldn't so I'm going to send them a letter.

This week I got a letter from Kristy again thanking me for setting her family on the right path. I love that family so much. I just hope Rob will turn around. I think I pushed him a little too hard and now that I'm not there he's back lashing at those missionaries. But the success I started in Smith Springs is still going. They had a few more baptisms of some of my investigators. They really wanted me to come back for the baptism, but I couldn't so I'm going to send them a letter.

I'm seeing so much success. I love my mission. I want you to be here with me so we can do it together. This work is so important. I just hope that when I go home I don't lose that zeal. We met with a less-active member who served a mission, and the whole time I thought, how could you do this? What would your converts think? Why are you being so stupid? And it scared me. I'm so scared to come home. To have everything changed and to not have a place for me. I'm so scared! I keep seeing the letters from others getting fewer and fewer and I can't help but feeling replaced. I don't want to go home becacuse this is all I know. These are my people. I keep seeing my time grow less and less and it scares me to death. I only have 14 months left. And I wanting to make sure it's the best of my life. No regrets.

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments: