Wednesday, October 28, 2009

3 Aug 2009 WHAT A MONTH!

Dear Family,

What a month!! I love to be able to look at the past month with joy knowing I did all I could to bring to pass God's work in this area. I love setting new goals and I love being able to learn from my old ones. I love missionary work. Thank you for all of the prayers and the fasting. I really feel strength knowing that I'm being supported from home.

The mission is working on big things for this next month. I'm excited, we've all set really lofty goals but all the numbers seem to support our goals. We are very excited to be able to do something our mission has never done. Our quest for 100 baptisms is an exciting event for our mission.

Paducah has never had a really solid teaching pool. People come in and out of our teaching pool so fast it's hard to create a solid pool. The people who progress get baptized in two weeks and those that don't don't want to meet with us. So it's been a struggle to create a solid teaching pool here. But that's our goal and we're working on it.

Elder Wright and I get along so well. I've been able to realize a lot about myself and things I need to change. I am so grateful for how patient he is with me. I take controll a lot and I forget that there really isn't a senior companion in Zone Leaders. So I need to just not take control so much. I need to learn to let go. I love the work. I love learning new things and striving to improve.

Right now we have 1 future date for August. He is coming along well. I want to baptize two in August, but we will see what will happen. We are waiting for those miracles to happen, and we have the hope and faith they will.

Rob's date is still on. And August 15th is Kristy's birthday (the same day Rob is getting baptized) I want to be able to give them something when I go down. They loved the things we gave them last time, but I was thinking of a willow tree, or something nice for the both of them. I love that family. I'm so excited for them. Next saturday!!!!

On my Birthday I'll be down in Nashville singing. It will be the last Songs of the Savior Fireside with the Original 6. Three of them will be going home, So President Hutchings has asked me to come down for our final performance. I'm really excited.

This last week we saw many great miracles and Elder Wright and I are setting the ward up for great success in the future. We are excited to be a part of this time in missionary work. It amazes me just how much the Lord trusts us and wants us to succeed, I know He is our loving Heavenly Father.

One thing I've really been studying is receiving personal revelation. In order to succeed in this work we need to learn to recognize and receive revelation and follow the promptings we receive. I love learning and studying. The hours between 6:30 and 10:00 are the most sacred to me. I love the Gospel and all that I'm learning.

It's weird to think I'm almost 20. I didn't realize how close my Birthday was until August rolled around. Well, goodbye being a teenager. Time is moving so fast now on my mission. It's hard to see that I've been in Paducah for 3 months now. I love being a missionary I love the work.
I hope all is well back home. I love and miss all of you. Have a great week.

I want you to know how much I love y'all and hope all is going well. don't worry about me; I'm doing great.

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments: