Dear Family,
It's really funny to me how when everyone in the mission heard I was going to Paducah they said it was Outer Darkness. And I guess for many of them it is. It is the furthest point from the mission Home, and so far away from anything. But I love it. And I don't think it's Outer Darkness at all.
This week has been good in many ways. I'll just hit the highlights.
On Saturday Elder Cornish of the Area 70 came and had a training with all of the Zone Leaders. I learned more about the spirit in those 3 hours, than I've learned in twenty years. And during breakfast and lunch I was able to sit by him and pick his brain about different topics. It was so amazing!!! He was so full of the spirit and loves what he does. The meeting was great but what was even better is that he memorized each person's name and face and called us by our names without looking at our tags. It was so remarkable and just helped me realize that God truly does know us each individually.
After that meeting he came to the Songs of the Savior Fireside that we sang at. It was so good and the spirit was so strong. Our music was no longer just saying words, but a true testimony of our Savior. It was so amazing. I loved spending time with Elder Cornish.
Then on Sunday, Elder Wright and I had our first baptisms together. We met a couple two weeks ago. They came to church those two weeks and on their third sunday were baptized. They were so prepared and I realized just how important faith and members are in this work. I love doing it and being apart of the greatness.
I wanted to say that I was sick this last week but have seen the miracles of the Priesthood in my own life. On Monday morning I woke up and was so sick but I wanted Elder Wright to be able to Email his family so I bucked-up and went to E-mail. So after emailing I went back to the apartment and got a blessing from Elder Neubert, a missionary serving in the Paducah ward with us. And in the blessing he told me that if I would fast and pray, and go back to work I would be made well. Well, I thought that was crazy, I was sick I shouldn't be fasting (and by sick I mean I had the most horrible cold). But then on Tuesday I decided to fast. And lo and behold, I took a nap during lunch on Tuesday and I when I woke up, I was well. It was amazing, no side effects, no runny nose, no head ache. It was amazing.
Then on Wednesday we went and worked super hard. President Hutchings came around and interviewed us in our apartment, while Sister Hutchings inspected the apartment. It was great to have them with us and see what we need to improve on. That night we had dinner and a lesson with investigators who had a date to be baptized on Sunday who we met two weeks ago. The Davenports are so amazing and were so prepared.
Thursday rolls around and Elder Wright gets the stomach flu. It seemed like Satan was doing all he could to keep us down. But Elder Wright asked me to give him a blessing and the next day he was well.
We had such a good week dispite being sick. Well on Friday we interviewed the Davenports and they were ready for baptism.
Then Yesterday Elder Wright and I were able to see our investigators, Diana and Gary Davenport, get baptized and set their feet on the path that leads to an Eternal Family. It was so good and so well supported by the ward.
I love the Gospel and know it's true. I don't want to come home and as my year mark continues to approach.... well we won't think about that. I want to do the Lord's will here. I love you so much. keep me posted. Letters are always fun.
Please text Berlyn and tell her thanks for the letters; I just haven't had time to write her, but in the next two weeks I will find time.
I love the work. I'm glad to hear things are going well back home and for the most part are back to normal. I love and miss you all.
Love,
Elder Hansen
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment