Dear Family,
I guess I should start out by saying that all is going great here in Paducah. This week went by so fast so let me give you the highlights.
Tuesday, We did a lot of knocking doors, and not a whole lot of teaching, but it turned out well.
Wednesday, We had district meeting up in Marion IL. I love district meeting. We were able to go on another Exchange and I was lucky enough to stay in Marion. I was companions with Elder Simmons. He came out with me and we just had tons of fun together. That night we drove back down to Paducah, for the Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet Concert. It was so much fun and a really good non-member turnout. I was so surprised. But it was good.
Thursday, Back in Marion. Elder Simmons and I saw a ton of their investigators, in fact we taught 7 lessons, which is outrageous. I was even able to interview one of their baptismal dates. She is so sweet. I love being able to do those interviews because of the change I see in those coming unto Christ, and the whisperings of the Spirit saying they're worthy and ready. I love it!!!
Friday, we planned with Marion and had interviews with President. At the interviews President Hutchings told me about transfer info. I am staying in Paducah. But, Elder Jackson will be leaving me. He's going to McMinnville TN. And the exciting news is I will be training a new Zone Leader. Elder Wright, my new companion, has only been out 6 months. He came out with Elder Carpenter. It's so crazy that I'm training him now in the responsibilities of a Zone leader when I've only been a Zone Leader for six weeks. We're both really new at this. But it will be great. And we're excited for the change. I have only been with one companion for longer than six weeks. Maybe I smell or something. I guess none of them want to serve with me again.
Saturday- Elder Jackson's Birthday. Yes, I made him breakfast in bed. We had so much fun and I even baked him the cake his mom sent. It was amazing! But the best part was the baptism we had that night. We've been working with the Brown's since the beginning of the transfer. And It was so fun to see them come to church 5 times and for Sister Brown's youngest son (she's a single mom with 3 boys) get baptized. It was the best birthday present for Elder Jackson. It was so spiritual and so great. But Elder Jackson is sad to leave.
Sunday- I spoke in church and we went out in the country to visit some members. Oh yeah I spoke in church. I was asked last week to give a talk on the Confrence Address "Be Your Best Self" It was such a fun experienced and even if no one else got anything from my talk, I learned a lot.
We are doing great here, and I'm sad to see elder Jackson leave. But, I know that it's right. We had fun together. And now I get to serve with Elder Wright. I can't wait for the fun changes.
Happy Birthday to Tanner and Carter!!!!
I love you all!
Love,
Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment