Mom,
I heard you needed some sleep so i'm not sad I didn't get a letter from you. I just want you to know that I love you. I love you so much. I was glad to hear the move was a success.
I want you to know I'm doing great. I Love Paducah and I'm seeing so much success. There are little trials, but it's nothing compared to what I've been through. I love my mission.
I'm trying to get some senior missionaries make extra copies of the music for me to send home, and I'm trying to get them to e-mail it to you, so you and Dad check your e-mails.
I love you and I'm doing great.
The weeks are going by so fast, it seems like I just e-mailed y’all. But, I looked at my planner and it’s been a whole week. Well, I guess I should tell you about my week.
We spent a lot of the week in Mayfield, KY. The Mayfield branch doesn’t have missionaries, so Elder Jackson and I cover it when they have someone ready for baptism. Well we worked really hard and prepared Tamara for her baptism this week. We had to teach her a few of the lessons and work really hard on her understanding to make sure she was ready for it, because we couldn’t be in Mayfield for very long. But on Saturday Tamara was baptized. Elder Jackson and I had a lot of fun teaching her and it was great to see success already in Kentucky.
Our Zone is also doing really well. They had a really hard month this last month and now we are back on the uphill. Our goal for the Zone is everyone to baptize, which we hope will happen. We are praying for it every night.
This week was also Zone Leader Council, so I spent a day down in Nashville with all the Zone Leaders in the mission for trainings and ideas on how to better the mission. I love working with The Zone Leaders because there is so much excitement and energy. We came up with some really good ideas and we can’t wait for the things to come.
Also this Sunday I went down to Nashville again for the final Songs of the Savior Fireside, with the original six. We now have three groups, one Spanish, one English, and the one I’m in charge of…The Paducah men. It will be exciting to see how they all turn out. We, in the mission, have already seen so much success coming from these firesides. I’m so excited for them to spread. And I’m working on getting a CD of it to send home.
Well Elder Jackson and I are doing great. We are having so much fun together. Between us there is so much synergy. I love the work in Paducah.
I love you all back home. And Paul and Julie, I hope you like Utah.
Love,
Elder Jonathan David Hansen
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment