Monday, October 26, 2009

18 May 2009 LEAVING SIMPSON SPRINGS

Dear Family,

On Saturday I received word that I will be leaving Smith Springs; in fact I'm leaving Tennessee. I have been called to serve in the Paducah, Kentucky Area as a Zone Leader of the Paducah, Kentucky Zone. This new calling is quite the stretch. I hope I can do what is right and fill the role of a Zone Leader. But I know whom the Lord calls He qualifies. I'm excited for the change.
I just want you to know just how much I loved serving in the Smith Springs Ward. They asked me to sing in Sacrament meeting and as I sang I saw all the people I love here and tears just streamed down my face in pure love and charity for this area. I'm so sad to leave but am happy to do whatever the Lord needs me to.

This last transfer has been filled with so many trials. But through the trials I have felt an outpouring of the spirit and more joy than I could ever express. I found my people. I've loved my time here and would love to find my way back to Nashville sometime. But Kentucky is calling. All I know is that it is really country! It will be great. And I'll be back down for a few baptisms in the coming weeks--I love you all-- thank you for the prayers and support!

Love, Elder Hansen

No comments: